Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Citizens of qualified countries may be also able to visit the United States without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program. If you do not qualify for the APPLY FROM US VISA Waiver Program or are traveling to study, work, or participate in an exchange program, you must apply for a nonimmigrant visa.
Applicants for U.S. visas are required to appear in person for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. You must schedule an appointment for that interview, either online using this website or through the call center.
To schedule a nonimmigrant visa appointment, you must have the following information and documents available:
- A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions. If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application;
- Your visa application (MRV) fee payment receipt;
- Your DS-160 confirmation page;
- Your e-mail address; and
- If applicable, required documents based on visa class (such as a petition approval for petition-based visas; more information about USA VISA APPLICATION ONLINE types and information about each can be found here).
- 10-year travel history
- List of siblings and children
Note for Attendants:
Please visit this page ‘Security Regulations’ to check on the security restrictions followed, and also check the policy for attendants to accompany the visa applicant at the Embassy/Consulate.
You can pay your fee at any Allied Bank location. More information about payment options is here. To find an Allied branch, click here.
Your visa application fee is non-refundable and you cannot transfer it to another person. You will receive a receipt after paying the application fee. All nonimmigrant visa application fee (also known as the MRV fee) payments made on or after October 1, 2022, are valid for 365 days from the date a receipt is issued for payment of the MRV fee. Applicants must schedule an interview appointment or submit an interview waiver application during this 365-day period. Please note applicants must only schedule their interview or submit their waiver application within the 365-day period. There is no requirement the interview must occur during the 365-day period. All receipts for payment of MRV fees issued before October 1, 2022, were extended until September 30, 2023, and remain valid until this date.
Visa Types and Application Fee Amounts
The application fees are listed below and apply to one visa application. The application fee for the most common nonimmigrant visa types is US$160. This includes tourist, business, student, and exchange visas. Most petition-based visas, such as work and religious visas, are US$190. K visas cost US$265 and the fee amount for E visas is US$205 The tables below have a more comprehensive list of visa types and fee amounts.