The good thing about Skin Cancer is that it is easy to diagnose as compared to other cancers. Its symptoms are usually visible and can be observed easily at the home but seeing a professional doctor for a skin cancer check Sydney is preferred.
This tumour can affect any area from your scalp to your toes but the skin directed towards the sun is more likely to become victim. With a little knowledge and vigilance, you can help prevent this deadly disease from taking hold. Let’s talk about some effective ways one can attempt a skin check Sydney.
Don’t neglect the importance of a visit to a dermatologist as it can develop in hidden areas too. This disease may surprise you by developing under the nails, mouth, lips or on genitals.
Self Detection – Few Tips
Negative Developments over the skin can be scary. It’s always good to keep your body checked frequently. Whenever and wherever you get a chance, observe what’s happening over your whole skin. It’s difficult to take out some time separately for this purpose from a busy routine. In this case, here are a few tips that can make things easier for you.
- Oiling or Combing your Hairs? Apart your hair into multiple sections and see if there’s something unusual.
- You can observe your whole body while changing. There must be a full-body mirror in your dressing room. Utilize it for this purpose. Examine yourself completely from front and back. Also, raise your arms to check if something is wrong. Don’t forget the left and right sides.
- You can watch the face and neck areas during the cleaning or makeup session. For girls, examining your face skin while doing makeup is an effective option.
- Don’t forget your palms, forearms, or underarms. These areas are mostly neglected. Make sure you have checked them properly. Bending your elbows is the right way to do that.
- Observe your lower body areas while taking bath, or during waxing. Skin cancer can also be developed in the area between your toes so make sure to check them too.
- You can ask your partner for help. Tell him or her to point right away if they see something different.
- Keep a hand mirror along with you. Place one into your handbag, car, near your bed, or at any easily accessible place. Whenever you get time, hold it to watch out for things properly. The neck and scalp areas can be seen effortlessly in this way.
Signs we should not ignore
- A mole that is changing colour, size or shape.
- Mole that has been present for more than two years without being checked by a doctor.
- A persistent itchy or sore spot on your skin.
- A mole that has never been checked by a doctor and has changed in size or shape over time.
As every person is different from others, there’s a possibility that your body has developed skin cancer in any other way. Whether you have any of these symptoms or not, it is important that you get checked by a doctor as soon as possible.
An itchy area or a mole can be something that’s not cancer but a different skin disease. Treating it at the early stage is great as it can become cancerous over time.
Skin Biopsy – Best Diagnose
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think about your skin as being a separate organ. But in reality, your skin is an integral part of your body that plays a crucial role in keeping you healthy. If something’s wrong with your skin, it can be a sign that there’s something else wrong going on in your body.
If you’ve ever had a mole that seemed to be changing or a spot on your skin that was difficult to remove, then you might need to get a mole check Sydney. This is possible by seeing your doctor for a skin biopsy. It is basically a diagnostic test that doctors can use to determine the type and stage of skin cancer a patient has.
Self-examination is a great activity to do but you can get peace of mind only by visiting your nearby skin care specialist. Dr. Sayyal aims to provide their patients with satisfactory results and healthy skin. To book your appointment at the skin cancer clinic Sydney, visit Sayyal Health Services official site.