Flooring is an important addition to a house. Without the right flooring, you cannot imagine the complete look of your house. There are umpteen options of flooring materials and finishes. The options have evolved from concrete to wooden flooring or laminated ones, marble, or even more. Among these options, wooden flooring has been one of the most popular choices for its warm appeal and contemporary vibe. So, if you plan to install new flooring, timber flooring can be a good option. In this blog, we will cover some important aspects you need to consider when buying timber flooring. In addition, we will also be discussing the benefits of wooden flooring and how to maintain it.
Factors to consider when buying wooden flooring
The wooden flooring market is highly recognized, and you will find several Wenders here. Each of them will offer a range of products that can leave you overwhelmed. However, when it comes to finding the best wooden flooring, you should stick to the brand which is reputed and has years of experience in working in this field. This will assure you of the best quality flooring options.
The best part about wooden flooring is that its use easily blends with the interior of your house. Check out the various shades available with the seller and shortlist the one the best, gneisses with your bank or when it comes to the popularity less than shades of grey tops the trend. You can choose from brown, grey, white and others.
The texture is important to bring out the real appeal of the wooden flooring. Here the idea is to explore the different design and style options that sync with the décor of your house. You can get the smooth texture of timber flooring to the distressed or brushed ones from the brushed too soon. You can also explore the smoked or strained look if you like.
The coating of the flooring plays an important role in enhancing its life. You can explore the oil-finished wooden flooring to the glossy or matte finish. Remember that the quality of finishing on the clear top coat is important to enhance the durability of the flooring, and it also reduces damage. The hard wax finish also gives a good natural appeal to the timber flooring.
Here are some popular timber flooring finishing options.
- Lacquered finish– It is available in matt and semi-matt form.
- Oiled finish- It gives a slightly rough appeal but looks more natural.
- Brushed and oiled finish- It gives a more realistic appearance.
- Hand Scraped finish- It gives a rustic appearance.
- Unfinished floor– Here raw wood must be sealed with oil or lacquer to protect the flooring.
5.Style of the flooring
The wooden flooring style is also important. The two common options are plank style and parquet block flooring. The plank flooring gives a traditional appearance of planks; however, you can get them in different weights and lengths. If you opt for parquet block flooring, it has smaller wood blocks that create beautiful geometric patterns.
Are you aware of the important aspects that should be on your radar when investing in timber flooring? As much as it is important to choose the right kind of flooring, it is equally significant to focus on its upkeep and maintenance. Here are a few tips to help you:
- One of the first things you should ensure is keeping the flooring clean. It is important to sweep and wipe off any water spills when you notice them.
- You should remove your footwear before walking on the wooden flooring.
- Make sure that you never drag objects on the floor. Also, you should add felt protective pads to the furniture so that there are no furniture marks on the flooring.
- Use a microfiber mop and wooden floor cleaning spray to clear and clean any dust or dirt on the floor.
- You must use a wet mop for furniture polish.
- You should also not use abrasive products to clean the wooden flooring as it can damage its texture and luster.
Wrapping it up!
This basic information on timber flooring purchase and maintenance will help you get the best quality timber flooring and keep it in good condition. At the same time, it is also important that you hire the best contractor to install timber flooring to get a good finish and durability.
Leave a Reply