It is highly recommended that foreigners, who wish to visit Türkiye, should read the related information about our country’s visa regime.
Visa regime for Touristic andTurkey Visa RequirementsPurposed visit of a country may differ from Work and Education Purposed visit. Also Türkiye’s visa regime may change according to reciprocity principle.
While some applicants may be exempt from visa for their touristic or business visit to Türkiye, the others can obtain an e-Visa. All other applicants will need to obtain a visa through Turkish Representations in the abroad.
An information note about visa regime of Türkiye is available in the following address: www.mfa.gov.tr
Visa types granted by Türkiye are;
a) Touristic Visit
b) Single Transit
c) Double Transit
d) Business Meeting/Commerce
g) Sportive Activity
h) Cultural Artistic Activity
i) Official Visit
j) Visit to Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
2- OFFICIAL VISA
a) Assigned for duty
3- STUDENT – EDUCATION VISA
a) Internship Visa
b) Internship ERASMUS
c) Internship AISEC
d) Turkish Language Course Purpose
e) Course Purpose
f) Education Purpose
g) Education in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
4- WORKING VISA
a) Employment Purpose/Special Employment Purpose
b) Assigned Lecturers/Academics
c) Assigned Sportsperson
d) Assigned Artists
e) Assigned Free Zone Workers
f) Assigned Journalists
g) Montage and Repairman Purposes
5- OTHER VISAS
a) Archaeological Excavation, Exploration Purpose
b) Documentary Purpose
c) Tour Operator Representative
d) Medical Treatment Purposes
e) Accompaniment Purpose
f) Family Unification Purpose
g) Freight Vısa
h) Seafarer Visa
In accordance with the article 7.1b of “the Law on Foreigners and International Protection” no.6458, foreigners wishing to enter Türkiye should carry a travel document (passport) with an expiration date at least 60 days beyond the “duration of stay” of their visa, e-Visa, visa exemption, or residence permit.
Example A: In order to enter Türkiye having a visa with 90 days “duration of stay”, foreigners should hold a travel document valid at least for an additional 60 days which totals to 150 days (90 days + 60 days) of validity at the time of entrance.
Example B: In order to enterTurkey Visa for Australian Citizenswith 30 days “duration of stay”, foreigners should hold a travel document valid at least for an additional 60 days which totals to 90 days (30 days + 60 days) of validity at the time of entrance.”
In accordance with international agreements and special legal provisions, the following categories are exempted from this provision:
a) Citizens of countries who are allowed to enter Türkiye with their national ID’s in accordance with “European Agreement on Regulations governing the Movement of Persons between Member States of the Council of Europe”;
5- The Netherlands
9- Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
b) Citizens of countries holding passports which are expired but considered as valid for a certain period
1. Germany – Passports expired within the last year / ID’s expired within the last year
2. Belgium – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
3. France – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
4. Spain – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
5. Switzerland – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
6. Luxemburg – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
7. Portugal – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
8. Bulgaria – Valid ordinary passport
c) Holders of diplomatic, special and official passports
– Visitors who are not exempt from entry visa must obtain their visas or schedule an appointment with the Turkish Consular offices via Pre-Application System for Turkish Sticker Visa (www.visa.gov.tr). The applicants who meet the requirements will be directed by the Pre-Application System for Turkish Sticker Visa to the e-Visa system (www.evisa.gov.tr) In those countries where Türkiye does not have a consular representation can also use online scheduling for appointments with the nearest accredited consular office of Türkiye.
– In order to avoid inconveniences that may be caused by delays in processing, it is recommended to apply for visas at least one month in advance before the planned travel.
– The visas submitted to foreigners do not guarantee absolute rights of entry to Türkiye.
– Visa fees are not refundable in cases where applications are rejected
– All applicants are required to have a medical insurance that will be valid during their stay in Türkiye.
– The length of stay provided by visa or visa exemption cannot exceed 90 days within each 180 days. The regulation of 90 days of stay within the last 180 days is binding for all foreigners that will travel to Türkiye.
– It is not possible for foreigners holding two passports to stay in Türkiye for 90 days each with their two different passports within the last 180 days.
– In all types of visa applications, Turkish consular offices may issue visas with a maximum duration of stay of 90 days. The foreigners who wish to stay longer than 90 days in Türkiye, should apply for “Short Term Residence Permit” at the Provincial Directorate of Migration Administration in order to extend their residence.
– For United Nations (UN) Travel Document (Laissez-Passer) holders who have blue UN travel documents, visa exemption with 90 days length of stay within the preceding 180 days may apply during their official visit to Türkiye if they can certify their official assignment. Red UN Travel Document holders, shall be exempt from entry visa and may stay in Türkiye 90 days within the preceding 180 days regardless of their purpose of visit. General visa provisions shall apply for Blue UN travel document holders subject to regulations specified according to their country of origin.
– Visa applications for travels except for touristic or trade purposes (work or study etc.) will need to obtain visa through Turkish Representations in the abroad.
– Regardless of the visa regime applied towards the citizens of a country, the travel document holders of that country need to obtain visa from Turkish missions beforehand.
– Any applicant under the age of 18 must submit official written approvals from both parents. For those applicants who certify that their parents are officially divorced and prove the parent holding their custody as well as for those with one parent deceased, visas may be issued in accordance with their purpose of visit.
– The authorization of processing the residence permit applications submitted by the following persons who enter Türkiye availing visa-free regime and without requirement of obtainment of Student Visas lays with Local Immigration Offices (Provincial Directorates of Migration): Foreigners who arrive in Türkiye upon invitations by universities under Turkish Higher Education Board to study at the associate, undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, Ph. D levels pursuant to international student exchange programs, cultural programs as well as under EU Education and Youth Programs.
Leave a Reply