Pallet Wrapping is an efficient packaging solution for securing items while being transported and stored. Today, all types of companies use pallet wraps to prevent packaged loads from weather deterioration, external forces, and accidental damage. The right packaging ensures that the product reaches the end user unscathed.
Pallet wraps are available in different types with different properties and usages. Here, you identify which one is most suitable for your business. This guide will help you to choose the best pallet wrapping plastic by considering the following factors.
What is Pallet Wrap?
Pallet Wrap (also referred to as stretch film) is a highly elastic and plastic film. It is made from LLDPE (linear low-density polyethylene) or a combination of LLDPE/LDPE (low-density polyethylene). A high-quality stretch film has highly puncture-resistant and stretchable properties that ensure the safety of the most-irregular loads during transit.
Why go for Pallet Wrapping Plastic Method?
Pallet wrapping is a low-cost method to protect the pallets. When you use a superior-quality stretch film, it will provide both aesthetic and functional benefits, such as less risk of things dropping and less possibility of damage or loss. Also, it is a lightweight material to pack large or heavy items together.
Furthermore, pallet wrap offers several benefits, such as a lower risk of muscle injury and reduced workload, financial benefits from requiring less film, and environmental benefits from using less film to meet your business goals.
Ways to Choose the Best Pallet Wrapping
The pallet wrap type depends on the usage and loads you are securing. To determine which plastic wrap is suitable for your business and how to decide based on their strength and stretch.
1. Type of Load You Are Securing
Loads are classified into three categories:
- Uneven Pallet Loads: Uneven boxes require a thick and elastic pallet wrap. It should have high strength and tear-resistance properties. So, the pallet wrap is not ripped or torn in transit. Select a more durable stretch wrap to improve load stability.
- Square Pallets: A standard pallet load needs sticky and elastic-plastic wrapping. It can wrap around the flat and even edges of the boxes.
- Irregular Loads: These consist of boxes of different shapes, sizes, lengths, and even weights. Uneven pallet loads require customized pallet wraps and skilled workers that know how to wrap. As a result, it will reach the destination without any damage.
2. Estimate the usage of Wraps
You must decide the number of products that need to be packaged. Identify the number of pallets you have shipped out and how much wrap needs in meters per pallet. In this way, you can find out the current usage of pallet wrapping plastic for your business.
3. Purchase the High-quality Pallet Wraps
Choosing high-quality plastic wraps can save you money in the long run. Moreover, it assures that the products are safe from external tampering. There are several reasons why choosing a cheap quality will impact your business:
- A cheap quality wrap needs more repeats around the pallet. As a result, when you stretch the wrap, it becomes narrower than the roll. It can create pallet coverage and also increase the instability of the pallet. Moreover, it takes more time and is not a cost-effective packaging method.
- A low-quality wrap stretch in an inconsistent way causes each layer to not bond well. Therefore, a pallet will need more wraps, and overlapping will secure the pallet well.
- Going for a poor-quality wrap can be loose and stretched during transportation. It can cause instability and damage products. Choose a wrap that provides maximum strength and returns to its original thickness after facing instability.
4. Select the best Pallet Wrap Suppliers
There are numerous vendors available, but here are a few crucial characteristics to look for in a pallet wrap supplier:
- They provide the best products at reasonable prices.
- A pallet wrap supplier should also offer the customers services to solve future issues.
- They have a variety of packaging materials for diverse products and sizes.
- A highly reputed brand with good reviews from customers.
- A pallet wrapping plastic company should have experience providing and manufacturing the best packaging solutions.
To Sum Up!
Pallet Wrapping is a necessary part of secure and stable packaging. You should choose the right pallet wrap that provides strength and maximum tear resistance. So, a well-packed carton and pallet can help save you money and time. Also, choose the best pallet wrapping plastic suppliers in the town.