Managing rats at your home can be a challenging task especially if you are not disposing of them properly or not taking the appropriate safety precautions. In this article, I will cover 3 proactive steps that you can take to help in suppressing the rat population at your home.
How does Rat Exterminator get rid of Rats?
If you’re dealing with a rat problem, your first instinct may be to call a rat exterminator. But how do these professionals get rid of these pesky critters?
There are a few different ways that rat exterminator can get rid of rats, depending on the severity of the infestation. If there are only a few rats, the rat exterminator may set out bait traps to catch and kill them. For more serious infestations, the rat exterminator may use poison or gas to kill the rats.
If you’re dealing with a rat problem, your best bet is to call an experienced professional affordable quality pest control exterminator who can safely and effectively get rid of the rats for you.
What damage do they cause?
Rats can cause a great deal of damage to your property. They can gnaw through insulation, wood, and drywall in search of food or shelter. This can lead to significant repair bills. In addition, rats can contaminate your food supply and spread disease.
What to do before calling a Rat Exterminator
There are a few things you can do to try to get rid of rats before resorting to calling a professional rat exterminator.
First, try to figure out how the rats are getting into your home. Look for cracks or holes in the foundation, eaves, or roofline. These are potential entry points for rats. Once you’ve found the openings, seal them up with concrete, metal, or hardware cloth.
Next, set up some rat traps around the perimeter of your property. Be sure to place them near known rodent runways or burrow sites. Bait the traps with peanut butter, bacon, or other high-protein foods that rats like. Check the traps daily and remove any captured rats promptly.
If you have a lot of rats on your property, you may need to call in a professional rat exterminator. But by taking these steps first, you may be able to get rid of some of the rodents on your own and reduce the number that an exterminator would need to deal with.
Measure Safety Precautions
- If you think you have a rat infestation, call a professional rat exterminator immediately.
- Do not try to get rid of rats yourself, as this can be dangerous and ineffective.
- Professional Rat Exterminator will likely use bait to lure rats out of their hiding places, so do not leave food lying around where children or pets could reach it.
- Be prepared to have your home sealed up tightly while the exterminator does their work – this may mean covering holes with plastic or putty, and removing any clutter that might provide shelter for rats.
- Once the pest extermination is complete, keep your home clean and free of clutter to prevent future infestations.
Make your home Rodent Proof
At some point in every homeowner’s life, they will be faced with a rodent problem. It could be a mouse in the pantry or a rat in the attic, but either way, you want them gone as soon as possible. The best way to get rid of rodents is to prevent them from entering your home in the first place. Here are some tips on how to make your home rodent-proof:
- Inspect your home for cracks and holes on the exterior and seal them up with caulk or steel wool.
- Keep your yard clean and free of debris where rodents can hide.
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
- If you have a pet, keep their food bowl clean and put it away after meals.
- Use snap traps or live traps baited with peanut butter or cheese to catch any mice or rats that have already made their way into your home.
Use Verified Chemical Sprays To Exterminate Rats
Any self-respecting rat exterminator will tell you that the first step to getting rid of rats is identifying and eliminating their food sources. Exposed food is one of the main reasons why rats infest homes and businesses in the first place. Once you’ve identified and eliminated all potential food sources, you can then focus on extermination.
One of the most effective ways to exterminate rats is to use chemical sprays. These sprays are designed to kill rats on contact, and they’re also very effective at deterring rats from returning to treated areas. Be sure to use only verified, trusted chemical sprays for extermination – there are many fake or ineffective products on the market, so it’s important to do your research before making a purchase.
If you follow these steps, you can get rid of your rat problem for good!
Leave a Reply