Are you a water game enthusiast looking for the best inflatable kayaks? You can rest assured that you have many options that fit into your lifestyle. The truth is that making a choice may become a challenge because of the huge varieties that are available to you.
In this post, we will look at tips to help you make an informed decision when choosing these boats. Let’s check these out.
Top Tips to Choose the Best Inflatable Kayaks
These watercrafts are the favorite of paddlers, thanks to their versatility and portability. Whether you want a boat for whitewater paddling, touring, or fishing, you will find the perfect fit for you. When shopping for the best inflatable Kayaks, here are the top tips to help you make the right choice.
Determine your Usage-based Prerequisites
Manufacturers incorporate various features based on the usage pattern and the bodies of water they will be used. Some are built to be used under very extreme conditions while others are built to support simple activities.
The first thing to understand is that no single boat can perform optimally in every condition. Therefore, you should get the best inflatable kayaks that fit into what you want to use them for. These products generally fall into the following categories:
- Recreational: These come in sit-inside and sit-on-top versions. They are perfect for recreational activities, such as paddling on lakes, slow rivers, and calm water. They are quite affordable.
- Day-Touring: These come with higher quality and of course, a higher price tag. They are sleeker with cargo space for gear. They are also easier to control. Day-touring boats come in sit-on-top and sit-inside options too.
- Touring: These come with more speed because they are longer than day-touring variations. They are optimized for their tracking abilities. They have more storage space and are more comfortable.
- Whitewater: These are shaped in such a way that lets you navigate raging rapids. They are made with highly durable materials that are resistant to punctures and tears.
- Fishing: fishing boats come with additional features for anglers, including mounting pads, mounting brackets, and fishing rod holders.
You can make your choice based on what you want to use it for. You can rest assured that you will find the best inflatable kayaks that suit your need.
Cockpit and Body Size
This is one of the most important things to consider when choosing a best inflatable kayak. You must choose the right capacity and body size for you. For people on the short side, the cockpit size may not matter much but for tall people, you have to pay attention to the size.
If you choose a boat with a small cockpit size, you will be uncomfortable because you will get cramped in it. So, if you are less than 6 feet in height with minimal gear and you like padding solo, then a one-person inflatable kayak will be a good option.
However, if you are taller and require additional storage space, choose a two-person variation to ensure you have ample room for your legs and more storage space in the cockpit.
Decide on Your Budget
With an understanding of the type of the best inflatable kayaks that you need, the next thing is to decide on your budget. The prices of these products range from $90 for the basic option to as high as $2000. When looking at the budget, you should determine the quality, features, and level of comfort you want in your best inflatable kayaks.
These are three important things to consider when choosing the best inflatable kayaks. Other things you may want to consider include the weight capacity, needed features, seat design, ergonomic carrying handles, efficient splash guards, and other accessories.