Professional pressure washing can be challenging but when it comes to the clean-up of your house. You need to know how to do it right. Pressure washing is a process of cleaning by using high pressure and water. The water bath washes the surface of a building or objects with vigorous agitation. It cleans the surface by breaking down dirt, grease, and grime that has built up over time.
Well, in the coming paragraphs, we will discuss the different methods and materials used in pressure washing!
How does pressure washing work?
The high pressure in the water bath causes the dirt, grease, and grime to break down into smaller pieces. The small particles are then washed away by the water droplets. Pressure washing is often used to remove graffiti or other unwanted markings from surfaces such as brick, concrete, or metal. It can also be used to clean commercial buildings, homes, and gardens.
Advantages of Pressure Washing
Pressure washing is one of the most common and effective ways to clean your home. It’s also one of the simplest. All you need is a power washer, some soap, and water. Here are some advantages of pressure washing:
- It’s fast -pressure washing can clean a full house in just a few hours.
- It’s efficient -a powerful pressure washer can get more cleaning power into a smaller area than other cleaning methods.
- It’s affordable -a pressure washer can be purchased for as little as $1,000.
- It’s environmentally friendly -a pressure washer uses less water than other cleaning methods, making it an eco-friendly option.
Safety Tips for Pressure Washing Professionally
When pressure washing professionally your property, it is important to take into account a few safety tips. First and foremost, always wear proper attire and protective equipment when working with pressure washers.
Secondly, be aware of the dangers associated with high-pressure water and never use it if you are not experienced and confident in doing so.
Finally, always remember to stay clear of any moving parts on the machine and be sure to keep an eye on the water flow to avoid overpressurization.
Ready for Applying Pressure Wash
1. Have the right tools: Pressure washers come with a variety of attachments, such as brushes and tilters, that make the process easier. For painting or grouting, you will need a stiff brush and a good quality water hose with a spray nozzle. For tiles, you need a trowel and some water to wet the surface before applying pressure.
2. Get organized: Before starting your project, be sure to have all the materials you will need close at hand. This will save time and prevent potential messes.
3. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions: Every product has specific guidelines for use. So, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully before starting your project. Failure to follow these instructions could result in damage to your property or injury to yourself.
4. Use caution: When using pressure washers, always exercise caution and wear protective gear, including goggles, gloves, and a sturdy shirt or jacket. Over overexertion can cause muscle fatigue and even injury.
Applying Protective Coat on Walls Before Pressure Wash
There is no need to be alarmed if you notice the walls around your home are starting to show some wear and tear. A common occurrence is that over time grease and dirt will accumulate on the walls, leaving them looking dingy and stained. To keep your walls looking their best, it’s important to pressure wash them periodically.
Also, read Paint Baseboards Like a Pro.
Follow these steps to apply a protective coat and get the most out of your pressure washing:
1. Before you start pressure washing make sure all surfaces around the area you are cleaning are free of any dirt or debris. This includes the exterior walls as well as any furniture or fixtures that may be close by.
2. Next, prepare your sprayer by filling it with water and adding a protective coating solution (available at most hardware stores). This will help protect the paint on the wall from being damaged.
3. Start by spraying a light mist over the entire surface you are cleaning. Make sure to cover all areas that need cleaning. Don’t be afraid to scrub lightly if necessary.
4. Once the surface is clean, move on to the next step.
5. Apply a heavy coat of protective coating solution.
Pressure washing is a great way to clean homes quickly and effectively, but it can be difficult to do it right if you don’t understand the basics. If still confused, don’t worry, contact a commercial pressure washer Melbourne near you. By following the above simple steps, you will be able to clean your home like a pro in no time!
Leave a Reply