Boys shoe shopping are something every parent get worried and overwhelmed. It is always difficult to follow your child’s choice of color. In order to choose the best boys’ shoes first understand the occasion you are wearing, and the function. This has a huge impact on the health of their feet.
A child’s foot growth is only until 18 age, so proper boys’ shoes are a must to enable healthy growth. It is a matter of concern to look upon and keep in mind before going for the purchase.
Foot growth is important at the same time some wrong boys’ shoes result in great pain and issues like corns, ingrown toenails, or even blisters. If held for further then it results in great issues like toe deformities or foot deformities. And this is much more important in the initial years until 5, which if not taken seriously leads to walking issues or posture issues, or back pain after years.
So here is a list of things to consider as a detailed guide before you head toward the shop to purchase the best shoes for boys.
- Measurement: always get the measurement of your boy’s feet before assuming the length. This has to be done in the boys shoes store itself to avoid any errors while measuring at home. This is because generally the stores are equipped with measuring tools to calculate the exact length to find the correct boys’ shoes. Also, it is recommended to ask your child to apply some pressure while standing for measurement to find the exact measurement and thus the perfect fit.
- Larger size: there is a wrong assumption that bigger sizes are a better option. But the reality is absolutely the opposite. Sometimes the too big-sized boys shoes result in great discomfort. This is more often seen in toddler ages where parents think that this will fit properly as they are growing faster in such ages. Thus infants who just began to walk will feel wobbly which can even result in several accidents like trips or falling down leading to injuries.
- Toes: always observe the toes of your child. A perfect fit in shoes is often marked with adequate space in the front area and toe box. There should be enough space for your child’s feet to move little fingers and toe to avoid overcrowding. In order to find this out check if your child can move in the front and wiggle toes more easily. This prevents slipping or squishing toes. Ideally, there should be 1 and 2 centimeters of space, like a thumbs width, from the longest toe to the front of the shoes. But remember more than 3cm is too big and 1cm is too small.
- Avoid aesthetics: remember always to function beats look, and always opt for support and perfect fit. Options like rubber soles will help increase slip resistance and always reduce the risk of falling down. Hard soles result in better support, soft soles do not. As it is easy to move back and forth and results in lesser support. See whether the sole offers control, especially of foot motion.
- Materials: the material of the boys shoes is as important as fit. Breathable material has to prefer the most which keeps your child’s feet fresher. Materials like leather, mesh, or canvas always help in keeping the feet fresh by allowing airflow. It is said that when children’s feet are compared with adults’ feet there is a chance that children’s feet get sweaty more.
- Replace: if the boys shoes do not fit anymore, replace the shoes as often as you can. As children’s younger ages are when they show fast growth it is important to keep on checking. It is suggested to opt for a perfect fit rather than opt for a larger size thinking about your child’s growth. Often the size of kids’ feet grows about a half size at a younger age and thus gives more space for the growth of the feet.
It is important to understand these as little steps can result in great changes in the child’s future. Always avoid flip-flop sandals and high heels so that there is a lesser risk. And choose the shoes according to the occasion, formal outfits have to be matched with your kid’s shoes. You cannot send your boy with informal shoes, so make sure the boys shoes align with the outfit. Boys shoes are always available in various colors and patterns, make sure your boy does not fall for those bright colors or shoes with his favorite heroes imprint. And for particular occasions choose a particular specialty store. When your child receives the best pair of boys shoes the job is not done. Cleaning them and taking care is far more important. If it should be in good shape make sure that you maintain them properly. Polish or scuffed leather has to be repaired from a small scratch and walk with pride.