We continue with the best tools to design creative content marketing. It is the turn of the best free tools to create memes, GIFs, and videos.
1. Free Tools to Create Memes
If there is a content format that has become the watchword of social networks, it is that of memes. A good meme has a high viralization power. Its theme is usually humorous (although not always), and its main distinction is that, naturally, it cries out to be shared or retweeted. In fact, Twitter is the land of memes par excellence.
There are no hard and fast rules on how to make memes. What’s more, in this case, you don’t have to worry about the final result being aesthetic: the most famous memes are the simplest in terms of design. The important thing here is to come up with the idea that your “spider instinct” tells you will connect with people. The best memes are usually associated with a recent topic/event in the social context, with people’s recurring habits, or with complicit jokes related to a certain group (“niche” memes are very common: vegans, runners, designers…).
There are plenty of meme creation tools out there that you can rock social media with, but our favorites are:
- Meme Generator is a basic but effective tool. In a few minutes, you will have your meme ready for dissemination. You can use images from the platform or upload your own resources.
- ImgFlip. The plus of this tool is that it gives you the option to add two phrases: one at the top of the image and one at the bottom.
- Imgur offers a gallery of memes that are out of the typical ones we are used to seeing. But its main advantage is that it allows you to discover which are the most popular memes on the Internet, filtering by day, month, and year.
- Image Chef is not a regular meme generator. Rather, it is an online editor that allows you to make fun montages, an album cover with the photo you choose, a “Wanted” poster, or “a magazine cover.” If you start messing around with the tool, you will realize that It is a real gold mine for content marketing.
- Of all the meme-making tools, Kapwing is the most advanced, and yet its handling couldn’t be more intuitive. With it, you can create memes in an image, GIF, and video format of the coolest in no time.
2. Free tools to create GIFs
If you are a marketer, the phrase “video is the king” is sure to come to your ears when it comes to the best formats for posting on social media. But Social Media statistics and our own behavior as Internet users confirm that it is true as a temple: as a general rule, engagement is higher in publications in video format.
Did you know that the GIF computes as video in the algorithms of social networks? How do you read it? So if you don’t usually use videos in your digital content because their production is more expensive than other formats, go for the GIF! Of course: do not abuse this resource either. Remember, dear Padawan, that the ideal in a content marketing plan is to alternate different formats in your creativity. Success is in variety.
If you dedicate yourself to SEM and manage Display campaigns in Google Ads, GIFs can also be an ideal solution for your banners since they will draw much more attention to users than fixed images. In animated Display banners, there are some rules that you must follow: they cannot last more than 30 seconds, and Google Ads only allows 5 changes per second in the image.
Our favorite tools for creating GIFs are:
3. Free Tools to Create Videos
Video is the format most loved by users and most feared by marketers. Perhaps this is not your case, and you already manage perfectly with professional editing programs such as Premiere, Avid, Final Cut (if you are on a Mac), or Sony Vegas, the latter more basic. But if you are looking forward to finding simple video editing tools that have a curious finish, this is our special selection:
- Together with Magisto, the best-paid tool for editing online videos, Lumen 5 is one of the favorites of marketers. The platform has its own built-in image gallery and allows you to quickly and easily produce videos. The dog? The free version only allows you to create 5 videos per month, which will also carry the Lumen 5 watermark.
- Biteable‘s interface is simple and very intuitive, but we must admit that its free version is quite limited. You can only create 5 videos a month (as in Lumen 5) to publish them only on Facebook and YouTube. Frustrating, we know.
- Powtoon puts at your disposal a lot of pre-designed templates to create animated videos, which are very useful for informative pills. However, you have to take into account the handicaps of its free version, since they will be marked with the Powtoon logo and the maximum duration of the videos is 3 minutes.
- FlexClipis a wonderful tool for creating animated videos that is very easy to use. And it has a wide variety of templates in which you can modify the colors, icons, fonts, and positions of the elements. In addition, it gives you the option of inserting your own graphic or video resources. But the free plan still has some limitations.
As you can see, the free plans for video editing tools are much more restrictive than those for image layouts. Our recommendation is that you try to use the different free options for a while. If you think you are going to be constantly producing videos or you are dedicated to doing content marketing for a client who wants the video to be the priority format of their brand or business, try the paid plans.
You will soon realize that all these tools are black paws. Thanks to them, your designs and your content marketing strategies will take an exponential leap. Being an off-road community manager is “a power that comes with great responsibility.” In order not to die trying, it is essential to know all kinds of resources that make your work easier and allow you to achieve better results in less time. But remember, your best tool is your creativity. Never forget it.
We hope that this compilation of the best free tools to create memes, GIFs, and contained videos has been useful to you. Tell us: did you know any of them? Have you missed any that is among your “essential”?
If you think this post can help your social network contacts, remember: sharing is living.
Let’s create “gadget marketers” together!
Also read here that about y2mate tool which is best tool for YouTube video downloader.
Leave a Reply