SBI is a top-tier institution in the banking industry. Every year, the State Bank of India (SBI) holds the SBI Clerk test to select applicants for positions in the Clerical Cadre at its many locations all over the nation. Among bank exams for graduates, SBI Clerk is one of the most desired. A large number of applicants eagerly await SBI Clerk vacancies each year in order to realise their goal of working for the prestigious organisation.
The selection process for the Junior Associate post in SBI is determined by two main stages of the examination, which are the preliminary and main exams. However, the final selection will be made based on the SBI Clerk mains exam scores. The SBI Clerk salary offered to the Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales) post is very lucrative, and therefore, around 20 lakh candidates every year appear for the exam. If applicants have dedicatedly and thoroughly prepared for the SBI Clerk exam, it is not difficult to clear.
In this article, we’ll take you briefly through the SBI Clerk exam, exam pattern, syllabus, salary, and job profile.
About SBI Clerk Exam
The SBI Clerk Exam is administered nationwide once a year via a computer-based online test. Candidates who pass the SBI Clerk preliminary exam are eligible to take the SBI Clerk mains exam, which is followed by a local language test. All client interactions and associated operations are the responsibility of the candidates chosen through the SBI Clerk (Junior Associate). They are designated as cashiers, depositors, and other positions that serve as the face of a specific SBI Bank branch.
The SBI Clerk exam was last conducted in 2021, and the notification for 2022 is not yet released. The State Bank of India is expected to release its SBI Clerk Notification 2022 for Clerk positions soon. The SBI Clerk application form 2022 will be released the day following the SBI exam notification 2022.
Exam Summary of the SBI Clerk Exam
- Notification: The State Bank of India is likely to announce the SBI Clerk Notification 2022 for Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales) in the month of August 2022. The information related to vacancy details, exam dates of prelims and mains, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and others will be disclosed in the SBI Clerk notification 2022. The notification will be available to download on the official website of the SBI.
Along with its formal notification, the number of vacancies for the SBI Clerk 2022 exam will be released. SBI declared 5454 vacancies for the SBI Clerk 2021 test last year, of which 5000 were for normal positions and 237 were for backlog positions. Following the announcement of the official notification, the SBI Clerk (Junior Associates) 2022 recruitment process will start in August 2022. To complete the online application forms, aspirants must go to SBI’s official website.
- Application Fee: Application fees for the SBI Exam are Rs. 750 for the General category applicants. Applicants from SC/ST/OBC/PWD category do not need to pay any application fees. The application fee must be paid online. Once paid, fee/intimation charges are non-refundable and cannot be held in reserve for another exam or selection.
- Eligibility: SBI specifies the age, educational requirements, and nationality for SBI Clerk eligibility. Candidates will not be allowed to take the SBI Clerk exam if they do not meet the eligibility criteria for the Junior Associate position under the SBI Clerk recruitment. The eligibility requirements are listed below.
|SBI Clerk Nationality||Citizens of India, orCitizens of Bhutan/Nepal/Bangladesh with a valid certificate from the Indian government.|
|SBI Clerk Age Limit||The age of candidates must be between 20 and 28 years.Candidates belonging to the reserved categories are given relaxation in the upper age limit as per the government rules.|
|SBI Clerk Educational Qualification||Graduate or its equivalent in any stream or subject from government recognised institute/college is the minimum qualification criteria for SBI Clerk.No minimum marks or percentage is required.Candidates having a dual degree certificate should ensure the date of passing is on or before applying.Final year candidates are also eligible to apply and appear for SBI Clerk.|
|Local Language Proficiency||Candidates are required to show up for the test in the local language they selected while applying. Candidates are not required to take the local language test if they studied the designated local language in Classes 10 and 12.|
- Exam Pattern and Syllabus: The SBI Clerk Prelims and SBI Clerk Mains exams have the following exam formats:
|SBI Clerk Preliminary Exam Pattern|
|S No.||Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
According to the SBI’s official notification, there will be no minimum qualifying marks for individual subjects, which implies there won’t be any sectional cutoffs for the online exam for the SBI Junior Associates Recruitment. However, the organisation alone is responsible for setting the standards, and they can be changed anytime.
|SBI Clerk Mains Exam Pattern|
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration (in Minutes)|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
The SBI Clerk Prelims exam will only be qualifying in nature, and the candidate’s performance in Phase II, or the major examination, will be used to make the final selection.
- Salary: The in-hand salary of the SBI Clerk will include the approximate amount a candidate gets after the deductions.
- The starting salary of an SBI Clerk is between the range of Rs 26,000 to 29,000/-. A clerk at SBI receives a base salary of Rs19,900 (Rs17,900 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates).
- The pay scale of a clerk is 17,900-10,00/3-20,900-12,30/3-24,590-14,90/4-30,550-17,30/7-42,600-32,70/1-45,930-19,90/1-47,920.
- The initial remuneration for a member of the Clerical Cadre at the metro city will be around Rs 26,000, with two additional raises for newly hired graduate Junior Associates.
- Depending on where they are posted, an SBI clerk may be entitled to DA, HRA and other benefits.
- Job Profile: An SBI Clerk’s duties include customer service operations and front desk services.
- The SBI Clerks are in charge of opening bank accounts, managing NEFT/RTGS transactions, issuing demand drafts, issuing bank statements, transferring money using a variety of payment methods, handling requests for chequebooks, etc.
- Assisting the branch managers and aiding consumers with their work documentation are some of the other responsibilities of the SBI clerk.
The SBI exam dates and release of admit cards will be notified after the release of the official notification. All the aspirants must check the official website for the SBI Clerk 2022 notification. After the application process is complete, SBI also conducts pre-examination training at certain centres in accordance with the rules set forth by the Government of India for applicants from the SC/ST/XS/religious minority communities.
Candidates who are chosen as the SBI Clerk will receive raises from time to time. After three years of service, the clerical cadre is promoted to the position of trainee officer. It is prestigious to land a job at SBI; thus, candidates should put in their best effort to pass the test and secure a peaceful life.