A dishwasher is one of those things that the owner of a large home simply needs. It makes it possible to get rid of endless standing at the sink, getting free time, which can be spent with much greater benefit.
But for smart appliances to bring only joy and not grief because of broken and spoiled dishes, you need to follow a few rules. The most important thing is knowing exactly what dishes can be entrusted to the dishwasher and what is better to wash by hand. After all, if you do not follow certain rules, it may break down, so you will also have to contact Samsung dishwasher repair service in Calgary.
Dishes intended for washing in the machine:
porcelain and faience without gilding;
cutlery (stainless steel and cupronickel).
Features of washing glassware
Modern dishes made of sturdy glass are great for washing in the machine. But it is necessary to place them carefully and correctly in the dishwasher. Objects that are too close together can hit each other when the machine vibrates. And this will lead to chipping and cracking.
If the glass is thin, you should use special programs for gentle washing, which guarantee a more delicate treatment of things. When placing dishes in the dishwasher, use clamps and levers to hold them in place. This will keep things from bumps and falls. Y
How to wash porcelain dishes
Both porcelain and faience wash well in the dishwasher. In this case, there are no special requirements for temperature and used agents. Of course, if the dishes are gilded, it is better to wash with lukewarm water, not hot, in a delicate mode. The same can be said for cups and saucers with a pattern on top of the glaze. If the pattern is under the glaze, it is not in danger of tarnishing.
Washing plastic dishes
Not every plastic thing can be washed in the dishwasher, but only heat-resistant. Since plastic products are lightweight, they must be secured with clamps. Otherwise, the dishes will “walk” inside the machine during washing. This means that it can break and turn out to be poorly washed, and this will also add noise.
How to use the dishwasher to clean cutlery
- Without fear, you can wash stainless steel and cupronickel appliances without wooden handles or glued parts.
- Silver is best washed by hand to avoid tarnishing and staining. If you use a dishwasher, then only in gentle mode. After washing, immediately remove the silver items and wipe dry.
- Do not place silver appliances at the same time as stainless steel items. This can cause a galvanic effect and lead to spots.
- To prevent spoons and forks from sticking together, you need to place them in a special container interspersed.
- Set the knives with the handles up so as not to injure yourself on the edge when reaching.
- Different trifles need to be washed only in the container; otherwise, they will fall through the bars of the basket.
What is unacceptable to wash in the dishwasher:
collectible and antique dishes;
cast iron pots and pans;
ordinary steel products;
copper and tin objects;
things inlaid with bone.
Do not wash cracked items or those that you have previously glued together. Bad option for washing plastic dishes or regular glassware (all kinds of dishes are not resistant to heat). Tin, copper, and steel items are prone to rust and corrosion.
Usually, a detailed list of what you can’t wash in the dishwasher is given in the instructions of the dishwasher.
And one more thing – never use your dishwasher as a washing machine: you must not put dirty rags, kitchen towels, napkins, and washcloths in it. Follow these simple rules, and your dishes will sparkle clean.