Students who want to study abroad are of the opinion that the letter of acceptance is the most challenging part, but they don’t realize that landing a student visa is equally challenging. In fact, many students have gotten their Canadian visas rejected! In this article, you’ll learn about the entire student visa process and Express Entry to Canada.
Steps to apply for Canadian Study Permit
Here are simple steps you need to follow to apply for a Canadian Study Permit.
- Apply through the application on the official website, Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Go to the nearest visa center to learn about all the documents needed.
- You should have a letter of acceptance from a recognized higher education institution in Canada in the first place. If you’re studying in Quebec, a certificate of acceptance from the Quebec government is a must.
- After this, you will have to get a permit application from the CIC website or the local visa center, or the Canadian embassy as per your choice.
- You will have to answer some questions about yourself on the CIC website. Only then you’ll get your application package. This is to determine if you’re eligible to apply for a Canadian visa and the documents you will have to provide for the same.
- If everything goes well, you will receive a personal checklist code. This code is valid only for 60 days, within which you need to submit your study permit online. You need to take a printout of the page that includes your code for any future references.
- After this, you must create an account on MyCIC and enter your checklist code. Then, you will get many options to upload and send all the necessary documents.
- After clearing the fees and submitting all the documents, you will have to submit the documents to the CIC office. You might even be called for an interview in the nearby visa office.
Additional Requirements for Student Visa
Fingerprints might be asked from students residing in Africa, Europe, and the middle east. As you can’t get a visa without a criminal record, a police check might be required and a medical examination. You might also be required to submit proof of funds to convince them that you can support yourself. These can be bank details, letters from a person supporting you, and so on. These are some of the documents that are required for student immigration canada.
Grounds on which your student visa might be rejected
Your visa for student immigration to Canada might be rejected on the following grounds.
- Not having a proper letter of acceptance
- Poor financial Conditions
- Not being able to return to your home country.
- Inappropriate documents
- Academic Excellence
Hence, you should take special care of these factors.
This was all about the student visa program in Canada and Express Entry to Canada. This might be a tedious process, but you will get your visa if done diligently. If you’re coming to do a short-term course, a student visa permit might not be required in the process. Apart from this suggested process, you can also apply through a direct student stream for which you need an exceptional score in IELTS.